Which specific strains?
- Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527
- Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528
- Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529
OptiBac ‘For your cholesterol’
- Live cultures and Omega 3 to support the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels
- Contains 1.2 billion live cultures from the Lactobacillus plantarum species, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) capsules, a type of Omega 3 that has been shown to maintain normal cholesterol
- Has undergone numerous clinical trials and is scientifically proven to survive through stomach acidity to reach the gut alive
- Safe to take alongside statins or cholesterol-lowering medication and has no risk of undesirable side effects
- Does not require refrigeration, contrary to some other live culture supplements
- Suitable for women during pregnancy and is also gluten free for those with coeliac disease or an intolerance
British Heart Foundation statistics reveal that 60% of the UK adult population have high cholesterol. ‘For your cholesterol’ has been created especially for those seeking to support the maintenance of normal cholesterol levels. It contains clinically trialled strains of natural bacteria, as well as alpha linolenic acid (ALA), a type of Omega 3 shown to maintain normal cholesterol levels. Suggested for daily use, each hard capsule provides 1.2 billion live microorganisms that will survive through stomach acidity and is guaranteed until end of expiry.
This supplement also contains high quality friendly bacteria. For best results take this product for a minimum of three months. It can safely be taken on an ongoing basis with no risk of undesirable side effects.
Clinically trialled and tested
Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) has undergone numerous clinical trials demonstrating its efficacy at helping to maintain normal cholesterol levels, and the ability of this particular omega 3 (ALA) to support health has been validated by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA). Our high-quality ALA is sourced from cold pressed virgin flax seed oil. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 2g of alpha-linolenic acid as part of a balanced diet.
The very specific live cultures in this supplement (‘AB-Life’ Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7527, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7528, Lactobacillus plantarum CECT 7529) have undergone a randomised, double blind, placebo controlled clinical trial which was published in the British Journal of Nutrition in May 2013. What’s more these strains from OptiBac have been tested and shown to survive environmental stressors and gastric acidity, to survive to reach the gut alive.
It is important to note that this supplement, unlike many other live cultures products, does not require refrigeration due to improvements in freeze drying techniques and the strains within the product that are naturally robust to survive harsher conditions.
Available in one pack size of 2 x 30 capsules. Each hard capsule provides a count of over 1.2 billion natural bacteria. Each soft capsule provides 300mg of ALA (omega 3).
This is a food supplement and it is not intended to prevent, treat, nor diagnose any medical conditions.